April 27th- May 26th: Earthquakes, Solar Flares, and Solar Wind Anaylsis

Yomomma

Starting this month I will be doing monthly analyses on seismic activity and solar activity. It is up to others to determine if solar activity is causation of seismic activity or coincidence. Just remember energy is neither created nor destroyed but it is simply converted from one form to another. My goal is to have seismic activity divided by each tectonic plate, however I am only one person and it's to much work to do all by myself. If anyone wants to contribute to this research, go on ahead.

SOLAR ACTIVITY

Qualitative Data

SOLARDATAAPRIL28TOMAY13WRITTEN.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY16TOMAY26WRITTEN.jpg

Source: 3D SUN app for iPOD

Quantitative Data

SOLARDATAAPRIL30TOMAY2.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY2TOMAY4.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY4TOMAY7.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY7TOMAY8.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY8TOMAY23.jpg

SOLARDATAMAY23TOMAY25.jpg

Source: http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events_archive.html

SEISMIC ACTIVITY

SEISMICDATAAPRIL27TOMAY19.jpg

SEISMICDATAMAY19TOMAY26.jpg

Source: http://www.ga.gov.au/earthquakes/

GRAPH ANALYSIS

EQVSSOLARAPRILTOMAY26.jpg

Edited by Yomomma

Earthquakes are instant phenomenas. They are represented in your graph analysis by the vertical lines in your graph at specifics dates. The diagonals that join the verticals don't represent anything and are misleading.

I selected the data from the Seismic Activity data on EXCEL and clicked to create a chart. Each point represents the highest magnitude earthquake of the day. What should I do to correct it?

Eliminate the lines that join the verticals. you will obtain a set of vertical lines (earthquakes) independent from each other.

----------------

Or you can say that between earthquakes, there are earthquakes of null intensity, and thus join the verticals with a horizontal a zero. You will obtain a graph like an electrocardiogram.

------------------------

Also, to make the graph more readable, you should change the scale of time, multiplying by 10 or 100, without changing the scale of magnitudes.

Edited by michel123456