Would anyone care to check if this is correct? (Equilibrium)

Marconis

I'd appreciate any help, as I am aware that these kinds of problems are only slightly tedious. Thank you in advance! My answer seems a tad low for a Kc value, which is why I am asking on here.

A mixture of 0.546 mole of carbon monoxide and 0.407 mole of bromine was placed into a rigid 1.21-L container (i.e. these are initial amounts) and the system was allowed to come to equilibrium. The equilibrium concentration of COBr2 was 0.246 M. What is the value of Kc for this reaction? Use an ICE table to help you. Round your answer to three significant figures.

After doing the ICE table, hopefully correctly, I got the following equation:

(.246)/ (.45124-x)(.33636-x)=x

Solving for x I got: .9153 as Kc

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Nah, nobody? :-(

Hey Marconis, it's been a while since I've solved these problems, but you need to convert those moles into their concentrations, which can be found by dividing the number of moles of each molecule by the liters, so you would get .451 M for CO and .336M for Br.

Hey Marconis, it's been a while since I've solved these problems, but you need to convert those moles into their concentrations, which can be found by dividing the number of moles of each molecule by the liters, so you would get .451 M for CO and .336M for Br.

I did that, as you can see in my equation.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Ah! I asked my professor about it today, and where I went wrong is just comical! I had to use .241 instead of X. How did I not pick up on that? Oi. Thanks for the help guys.