hydroxide s

* solution = homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.

sorry to nitpick but i must.

not all homogeneous mixtures are solutions. an example is iced tea; it looks the same throughout but it is not a solution because the compounds in the mixture are not dissolved as ions.

sorry to nitpick but i must.

not all homogeneous mixtures are solutions. an example is iced tea; it looks the same throughout but it is not a solution because the compounds in the mixture are not dissolved as ions.

A -> B does not mean B -> A.

equilibrium is used to describe the dynamic state one achieves when the forward and reverse reactions occur at the same rate, as stated above. an example is a saturated solution of a polar/ionic solute in a polar solvent; the forward reaction (the one dissolving) is going at the same rate as the reverse reaction (the one taking the parts out of solution). because of this, if you add more solute, it will be impossible to dissolve more since this will shift the equilibrium.

actually it does; ever heard of equilibrium? it is a dynamic state where the forward and reverse reactions occur at the same rate and thus gives the impression that nothing is happening.

I know about equilibrea, what with having studied that chemistry thing at university.

However, where equilibrea and their ilk apply to formal logic I'd like you to tell me, it's quite a mystery at my end.

When he says "logic" he means you stated and responded to the converse of his original statement! He is talking math logic, inverse, converse, contrapositive. It is a common mistake, but if you look at his wording he was nearly "air tight."

Look at these rules:

T->T= True

F->F= True

F->T= True

T-->F= FALSE

Simple orders, and variable make a diference.

If, say p-->q and p it false and q is true, the satatement that q-->p (converse) if FALSE, incorrect, essentially, that is what you did, but really, it is a commojn mistake, and not worth arguing over, let us get back to chemistry.