Wardenclyffe Tower (magnifying transmitter) 3d Visualization Project

JesterArts

Hello peeps,

I'm here to ask for help!

I'm undertaking a large project of creating high quality 3d models and images for the use of educators and enthusiasts. They are going to be realistic 3d visualizations of the Wardenclyffe Tower, which was meant to house Nikola Tesla's magnifying transmitter.

PROBLEM: There is very little accurate reference on this subject. Only historical pictures of low graphic quality. I've found some semi-detailed visual references, but only on certain sections of the unfinished structure.

SOLUTION: I am looking for people of appropriate skills, such as engineering or drafting, to help collect and layout accurate details the transmitter to accurate proportion based on the reference existing in our day (which is not much). This means having to use an amount of discernment in anticipating how things would have been done on the original invention where the photograph references obscure the details. Also knowing to a fair degree what the key instrument (the magnifying transmiter) that it housed would have looked like. I will be creating accurate 3d models around these.

Project Goals:

1. Fully realistic 3d images of the tower and accompanying lab rendered from various angles, plus an image to replicate this traditional photograph:

3549892562_1d10497311.jpg?v=0

2. Cut away views of finished tower/inner workings.

3. Back in the day, there was an artistic rendering of what the finished tower would look like. I will be adding these details as well to the model, also replicating a traditional concept.

4. A creative visualization of what a tower like this would look like if created in the near future based on design trends.

If you know someone who would be interested please have them contact me through my website, facebook, etc.

Anyone who helps will be credited. It can be more than one person, even a community effort. I am open to many scenerios, and I am a proven illustrator, so do not hesitate to seriously consider being a part of this if you are capable. A website will be created around the finished product giving credit to all involved.

This will be a free work, but credit will go to those helping. The Blender 3d Model and accompanying work will also be released to the public under conditions that allow it to remain genuine.

Blog Post on the subject:

http://leoblanchette.vox.com/library/post/wardenclyffe-tower----nikola-teslas-dream-of-wireless-energy-transmission.html?_c=feed-atom

My skill is as an illustrator, not a draftsman or engineer. It would be fairly impractical for me to attempt this without qualified help on the above mentioned things.

Thank you for your consideration.

Leo :)

PS - Not only am I a Nikola Tesla admirer but I am also transitioning to architectural visualization, and this seemed like the perfect project.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Somehow this thread posted itself twice, so if one is deleted, this is the one I want to keep.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

The Facebook group created for this project:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?success=1&customize&gid=85230169207#/group.php?gid=85230169207&ref=nf

Contact me also: Leo@JesterArts.net

Edited by JesterArts
Consecutive posts merged. Also adding details.