Skepticism about double slit experiment

zensunni

If you would like an interpretation of it I will gladly tell you what is going on.Theoretical Physics couldn't be more wrong about particles of light if it tried.How to have half a particle?If you were to spray the light from a torch left and right all over a wall,you would not see dots/particles unless the torch moved faster than light.

Would you mind answering my question?

• 7 years later...

I have heard it said that electrons have fixed orbital distances around a nucleus, and they do not traverse the space in between these orbits, but rather flick between them.

Its as if we have zoomed into the canvas of reality and found it to be pixelated.

I think everyone in this thread wants the mainstream theories of the following to be disproven so we can find a relatable explanation without spookiness:

Wave-particle duality

The Observer Effect

Quantum Tunnelling

Field of Probability

I think you are all correct to be skeptical of leading theories that attempt to explain these things. They seem to be magical and childish.

Let's talk about Schrödinger's cat. The thought experiment claims that a cat is both dead and alive in a box until an observer checks, after which reality is conjured. If the cat has the power of conjuring as well, the observer outside the box is too late. The observer outside the box has no power over the cat's status. And if the theory that an observer conjures certainty out of a 'probability field' is true, surely the bacteria inside the box also have conjuring powers. The entire messiness of this thought experiment is completely clarified by the observation of distant galaxies. If there was merely a field of probability in the outer reaches of space until a human stared at it, then why isn't the sky filled with the faces of astronomer's wives, trees and gumboots? Did aliens see it and conjure it all before human astronomers, or God? No, the laws of physics do not require an observer to be in the woods for a falling tree to make a sound. Observer's sensors and brains have simply evolved to perceive reality, not the other way around. I am completely opposed to the fantasy of the observer effect - it turns scientists into conjuring wizards, and converts science into a religion.

In my opinion, the fabric of spacetime or 'aether' is the interesting matter. It has densities that vary throughout the cosmos. Light travels through it just as sound travels through air and water. Sound carries more in low pressure. The same may be true of light. The energy source of a sound attempts to release it's sound in a sphere at infinite speed but it is slowed by it's surrounding substance. I am led to think that:

The energy source of light attempts to release it's light in a sphere at infinite speed but it is slowed by it's surrounding substance.

So when we observe that light is traveling at 300,000 km/s, it is only in this region of space. Try stretching the aether, then release light energy. I think you will find that it travels as fast as it wants. If light is traveling at 1,000,000 km/s when released from a light source, it is traveling faster than time. I think that time is defined like this:

Time is the speed limit of aether density.

Initially, light energy (whether it is particles, waves or something else) travels fast, and then it is slowed by the aether. When we observe it, we are observing it in the 300,000km/s density in which we live. But some of it may have exceeded the threshold speed required to penetrate the 'surface tension' of this local density of aether. From our perspective, some of that light energy has traveled into the future. If my theory is correct, anything that exceeds 300,000km/s in this local density of aether is traveling faster than we can observe and is therefore no longer in our reality of time, but rather in the future. I would also predict that energy that moves 'slower' than can be carried by the local aether density has gone back in time. I do not understand what I mean by 'slower' here, except to say that the energy is not 'in phase' with our local density of aether by way of some kind of incompatible vibration. I am saying that things can be forced out of our timeline. If the 'surface tension' of aether I have described is thick, then it may be that energy that escapes and has traveled 700,000km/s faster than us will eventually be slowed down and harnessed back into our reality timeline. We would therefore see what was sent some time later on an energy sensor, or conversely, it would already have arrived at the energy sensor before we caught up to it. This would be a theory that explains spooky action at a distance and is the key to wormhole teleportation and time control.

Accurately measuring the time it takes for light to travel from the light source to the sensor wall would be an important addition to the double slit experiment.

At this point I am unable to say why a wave interference pattern appears in the double slit experiment until an observer forces 'particles' to make a choice. What I guess is that light cones out as waves from the barrel of the experimenter's light source at a million kilometres per second forcing it to travel into the future where the objects in the lab do not yet exist, and after a long distance of travel, the circle of light that has coned out goes through both slits when the surface tension pulls it back into phase with our timeline again - it continues traveling from this location in space, even though it has actually traveled millions of kilometers already through the void beyond the boundaries of our reality timeline that we call the universe. It left the universe, but the rubbery skin of the universe had surface tension enough to bring it home. The act of the observer in this experiment is beyond me at the moment. Perhaps from the moment energy is emitted, it exists in an infinitely large sphere in all timelines going forward, and at any point it can be intercepted. If something that blocked the light were sent into the future at the same speed as the light but it slowed down faster than the light, then this would be a cause for interception, and if this were possible it would prevent the light hitting the sensor wall in the experiment at all. Perhaps the observer sensor mechanism is doing something similar and preventing high speed coning, or perhaps preventing light from reaching escape velocity to begin with. I am assuming in all of this that only waves or similar with the ability to cone out are being fired in this experiment, and never single particles that are shaped like marbles.

Even if it seems like a marble at first, my theory assumes it is at least a compressed net or lattice type structure or a wave packet that has the ability to expand.

Edited by Zxen

!

Moderator Note

Zxen, this is a very old thread. We also ask that you don't answer mainstream threads with your own nonmainstream ideas. If you want to discuss your idea open a new thread in speculations. There are special rules for the speculations forum that you should read.