White Light's frequency

NanakiXIII

Hopefully sometime 2moro I shall be conducting an experiment with this "white light" idea.

I`ve mannaged to get hold of a really rather fascinating semiconductor, in effect, it`s 3 mono frequency LED`s (Light Emiting Diodes" on the same silicon substrate, each of the 3 colors Red, Green and Blue can be controlled individualy, although the Red control seems to like it`s current alot more than the green and blue (easily compensated for).

I`m now working on a digital color selector, so I`ll be able to go through all 7 colors of the rainbow :)

incl White light :)

from the white light, I`ll color split it back to it`s new color components with a prism... I`ll let you all know the results :)

yup, that about sums it up perfectly as to my plan, I do also plan on using the raw light 1`st and then passing it through a frosted glass filter next.

I wish to determine whether or not an external "scrambler" type influence plays a part also. so 2 tests really.

1) direct pure light through a prism

2) same light through a frosted diffuser then through a prism

YT2095 said in post #21 :

sorry... ignore this post, I still aint got the hang of this "Quote" thingy yet :(

click the checkbox at the top right of the post and click "post reply", or click "quote" at the bottom right, or type [ quote] [/ quote ] around whatever you're quoting

interesting conversation

Thnx Dudde :)

well the experiment maybe a little deyaled for today, I`ve run out of glue sticks for my glue gun, and being sunday, there`s not much open. I SHALL tae some pics and post them though, if the cam will work at low light levels, as I`ll try and do this in total darkness to avoid external light contamination.

I`de use blu-tak for the lens`s no problem, but the electronics needs proper securing. not to worry though, I`ll find a way :)