Viewing the future

reyam200

• 2 weeks later...

Given my exposure to the physical scientific properties, I highly doubt it meaning 99.999999999% that we can see into the future. But who knows maybe there is some element in some other galaxy that has the properties to accomplish this huge task. I know for one thing, there is no element on the known periodic table in our planet that can do it.

Another thing about time travel and light:

As we all may know, light is a photon with 0 mass and is released when excited electrons move down energy levels (Bohr’s principle). Photons is an amazing analogy of light because even though there is no mass, it has momentum (photoelectric effect) told in Quantum physics.

Time varies with reference frame, so it’s relative to the observer like how it’s told in Special relativity. Time moves slower for any object moving faster than the earth (reference frame), but we just approximate it to be the same since the differences are so small (Greek symbol lowercase gamma).

In terms of human’s being able to predict the future like some of the philosophers and religions, that’s beyond my scientific knowledge.

My area of emphasis in electricity so I just have minimal knowledge of the subject matter, so please add any more insight, knowledge, etc that relates.

• 3 weeks later...
Lol..Yes it is.

Lol.. No it isn't. having a glimpse of the future would entail that some group of particles associated with memory moves backwards in time. where in physics do you see this happening? that's what i thought, no where.

what you are doing is all based on relating present information to information you have gathered in the past to make an analytical assumption of what is about to happen. in fact you are doing that at every conscious moment. the fact that you can accurately predict what is about to happen is not proof that you are seeing the future, but really a testament to your mind's ability to calculate the effects of actions that you preform on a normal basis.

I read somewhere that viewing the future might be theoretically possible if a large enough gravitational field can take advantage of time dialation effects. Also if a corridor was placed between a singularity and regular space, the time will be different on both ends of it.