physics homeowrk help

Guest hello

Guest hello

The diagram below shows a block of mass m=2.0\; \rm kg on a frictionless horizontal surface, as seen from above. Three forces of magnitudes F_1 = 4.0\;{\rm N}, F_2 = 6.0\;{\rm N}, and F_3 = 8.0\;{\rm N} are applied to the block, initially at rest on the surface, at angles shown on the diagram. View Figure In this problem, you will determine the resultant (total) force vector from the combination of the three individual force vectors. All angles should be measured counterclockwise from the positive x axis (i.e., all angles are positive).

this is the question

Calculate the magnitude of the total resultant force \vec{F}_{\rm r} = \vec{F}_1+ \vec{F}_2 +\vec{F}_3 acting on the mass.

Express the magnitude of the resultant force in newtons to two significant figures.

i already know the formula and that i need to break this down into compenents. for each force vector.

the confusing thing is the angles, that i need.

this is basically how i set it up. Fx1= N*cos155

fy1=N*sin155

fx2 and fy2 i cant seem to get

fx3=N*cos325

fy3=Ncos325

am i doing this right?

1206.jpg

This is A-level Physics . . .right?

As you might have read I got 22/30 recently on my GCSE coursework so I'm pretty much crap at this. I don't even know why I'm posting a reply. Just for the sake of it perhaps.

Anyway - could you have a look at my post about BIOLOGY COURSEWORK - if you help me out - I might be able to help you out . . .kind off.

(I recently got my year 10 exam result in Maths back - and it was Goooood.)

a very high A grade. (just a few marks from A*).