the unexpected hanging paradox is not paradoxical nor defies logic in a many worlds approach

farolero

probably youve heard about this before if not here it is:

classical logic breaks with this problem but what if we use quantum many worlds logic

first i assume that the judge told the truth and the hanging will be uncertain

and what does uncertain mean?

i think it means that you dont know what world of the 5 posible you live in NOW, if you live in a death by monday world a death by tuesday world or so on

so if you get by friday and you havent died you know for sure youre on a death by friday world and in the rest of them you just dont exist any more so you know theres now a single world left and you have certainty of which one it is

so theres certainty of the world you live in and the judge has lied

but lets suppose thurday came and you havent died

now you can inhabit two posible worlds, death by thursday or death by friday in the rest the observer doesnt exist any more

and as you can not be certain the world you live in is posible you die any time and the judge would have not lied, it depends in which of the two left worlds youre NOW

but the elimination procces cant be extended any more as classically you would, as long as youre inhabiting two superimposed worlds you can not know in which one youre now

so i think uncertainty can be defined as you can not be certain of which of the many worlds you live in but you know everythings posible

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.