How to control pressure

Haya

If i have a closed system and i want to raise its temperature by raising the pressure to make an autoignition process, how do i control pressure and raise it?

And please, what are the methods to determine the autoignition temperature of a solid substance?

Note: I am just 16 years old and i am doing a scientific research for a competition, so i need help, please.

Thanks in advance..

Edited by Haya

Add material or reduce the volume. The cloud in a bottle demonstration (see YouTube) works by raising the temperature by pumping in air.

Probably the easiest way to find auto ignition temp is experimentally.

About the pressure .... do you mean like this?

And about the auto-ignition, i do know that i must do an experiment, but i don't know how.

I don't know the tools, the practice ....etc, i need to know.

Thank you

Yes just like they. If you were measuring the temperature (or volume and pressure) of the internal volume you would also have the auto ignition temperature (assuming it didn't very with pressure).

You should look at the ideal gas law, pV=nRT.

Yes just like they. If you were measuring the temperature (or volume and pressure) of the internal volume you would also have the auto ignition temperature (assuming it didn't very with pressure).

You should look at the ideal gas law, pV=nRT.

I am sorry but i can't understand well, my original language is not English.

Do you mean that the flash point/heat of combustion is itself the auto-ignition temperature? Do i do the experiment using a bomb calorimeter?