Fecal Body Odor - Need major help

rekt99

I've been dealing with fecal body odor for a couple months now. It started around a period where I had a tooth removed and was given antibiotics flagyl/amoxicillin. I had to stop the flagyl because it was giving me horrible diarrhea. Onset is kind of hazy, not sure if I can totally attribute it to the antibiotics but it was weeks within that time frame. There's a disorder called TMAu that I'm getting tested for, its when the liver enzyme FMO3 isn't fully functioning and therefore can't breakdown choline, instead produces TMAO in large amount and therefore makes you smell bad. Although all the foods that trigger my smell immensely are high in choline, I still smell terrible when going on a low choline diet. That's when I did some research and found the following post regarding tryptophan and how it can produce a fecal smell. I've looked up all the high tryptophan food and these are exactly the ones I have issues with.

I know that when people link body odor to diet, they tend to look at choline. Choline produces trimethyline which is converted to a less smellier version in the body. The thing is trimethyline is more of a fishy odor now when you look at fecal odor it is produced by the metabolism of tryptophan. Tryptophan is a protein found in meat, some carbs and some veg and fruits. Tryptophan produces indole, casein which is found in milk can also produce indole. Notice that indole has other activities as well like IAA when its combined with acetic acid or indole-3-carboxylic acid when combined with carboxylic acid. Indole in high concentrations has a feces smell and skatole which is formed from indole (3 methyl indole) also has a feces smell. Skatole is found in pigs and a major contribution in their smelly odor and boar taint.
I could go on and on but what you need to do is get a lab testing of the bacteria that is in your gut and the concentration of it thereof, you also need a liver test,gallbladder and the entire biliary tract needs to be checked for signs of obstruction, stones and bacteria that shouldn't be there. If you have abdominal pains and bad odor don't let a doctor tell you you have ibs especially if you have pain in your right side. Your iron levels need to be checked too. And when the bacteria is checked ask for a comprehensive test not just for pathogens and parasites but for candida and normal bacteria that is mostly present in the gut.

Stop taking supplements. Supplements can actually make your liver worse and you could end up with a fatty liver because your liver cannot make new cells and heal completely.

Note that water and tryptophan produces indole, pyruvate and ammonia. Which is why some people say it alternates from fishy to 'garbagy' or fecal.

All the best stop letting sales men dupe you into buying more supplements, seeing a microbiologist and checking that your body is in a good working condition.

I can't say limit tryptophan as it is an essential amino acid and with regards to H2S(hydrogen sulfide) your liver converts this to sulfate or it should.

If you have trouble concentrating or sleeping it could be because of an overload of these toxins only a small amount can be tolerated in the body. There are bacteria in the body that produce certain smells proteus vulgaris, e coli, which is seen in diarrhoea but can increase when you have constipation e coli uses antibiotics so be careful when given antibiotics, proteus mirabilis, proteus penneri. Don't just buy probiotics they could just increase the bacteria in your gut or prove to be of no benefit.

All the best

Read more: http://breathandbodyodour.proboards....#ixzz4InDsXz35

Now, I'm not savvy on looking up scientific data and research, but does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do? It says that there are certain strains of gut bacteria that deal with tryptophan, maybe I have an overgrowth of them? Would any specific test be helpful, and if so, which? Is there a way to reduce the effect of the indoles with supplementation?

Any help at all would be appreciated. All of the doctors I have went to say they have nothing else for me. I've taken a liver function test, though I've read that they're not always accurate (it came back normal,) had an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy with nothing abnormal showing up.