Questions about "static build up"

Riviale

I just have a few questions about static build up, please forgive my potential ignorance on some aspects, i only know so much, hence why i'm asking the questions...

~ can our lower atmosphere contain a continuous static buildup if it was concentrated in a confined space?

~ what would be the best material(s) (and if applicable, in what form, i.e bristles, flat, balls, etc.) to be purchasable on the open market to rub together consistently to create a static build up in the highest quantity in the shortest time?

~ when you do the experiment of rubbing a balloon on your head and touch metal, is there a maximum static build up, or could it potentially keep building up the longer you rub the balloon resulting in a higher discharge? Also, am i misunderstanding this, or is your body, in this experiment, the "container" for the static build up between the friction of the balloon and your hair? And why is it relevant that you be standing on carpet when doing this, is it because carpet doesn't displace static electricity very well, rather, it conducts it so the static build up between the hair and balloon would not dissipate through the carpet, it would, in fact, "reflect?" it back into your body? If i am misunderstanding this, please let me know.

I may well have more questions in the future, but these are the ones i can think of right now. Thank you for your considerations.