Antibodies to Block HIV receptors

I was thinking that since blocking the T4 receptor blocks the capacity for HIV to infect cells, could we possibly use an antibody to block it, without inducing an immune response?

I know that this has been done with the notch receptor without inducing an autoimmune response, therefore it may work with the T4 receptor.

If it would work, then all we would have to do is purify the T4 receptor(which purification means exist for the notch receptor and therefore might apply for the T4 receptor) and conjugate it to a viral protein, then inject it into a HIV patient.

The patient would then produce antibodies, which would in turn block the HIV indefinitely, allowing people to become immune to HIV.

Then through means such as dialysis, the HIV count could be reduced to the point that it would not be sufficient to allow an individual to infect others.

The main question/problem with this though, is would it cause an autoimmune response?

i believe that T4 is synonimouse with CD4? by T4 resepter are you refering to the CD4 molecule or the gp120 molecule?

linkage

antibodies seem inclined to cause problems when used to combat HIV.

oh and whats the notch recepter? is it the grove on the MHC molecule?

Well, I meant the receptor that HIV latches onto, and the reason I stated the notch receptor, was because it has been effectively extracted and purified, which makes me believe that it's possible to extract and purified the CD4 receptor, or whatever the receptor is that HIV latches onto.

yes, HIV latches onto the CD4 molecule (which may also be called T4, im not sure). if you were to block the CD4 recepter, i believe that would utterly incapacitate the adaptive immune responce.

ie, youd be causing AIDS-like symptoms to prevent the contraction of HIV.

if it could be blocked in a way which prevents HIV latching on, but does not prevent other cells of the immune system latching on, then that would work, but would be quite tricky to pull off id imajine (if its possible atall).

ps, yes it is possible to isolate CD4 recepters. trials have been carried out where free-floating CD4 molecules were injected into AIDS sufferers, in the hope that they would attach to, and thus block, the HIVs CD4-binding molecule (gp120).

it didnt work very well.