Delayed body length growth questions

Errevet

Hy everyone!

I am 24,5 years old and I am from Belgium. I have a question about delayed body growth.

I have noticed something peculiar. I measured my body height a few times over the past years. At the age of 16 my height was 1m63. Between the age of 18 and the age of 23, my height was 1m74 to 1m74,5. Today I measured my height again and it was 1m75,4. It must have increased by 1cm over the past year/year and a half. How is this possible and could I grow even more? I always measure it in the morning, because I am aware of the fact that it can vary 1 cm over the day. I have never measured 1m75,4, until today.

I ask this question because my diet and exercise habits during late puberty between the age of 17 and 22 were abnormal, and another matter for this question is: last year I noticed some delayed signs of puberty. Here is my story in short;
Between the age of 17 and 22, I was a serious exercise addict (cycling and endurance running) and I developed a form of exercise boulimia. Basically, I pushed myself to exercise A LOT in order to 'reward' myself with long bingeing, and the long bingeing created a feeling of guilt, which I had to compensate by exercising A LOT, and so on, and so on. My calorie intake was more then the average person and I alway's kept eating healthy foods, but my calorie consumption exceeded my calorie-intake mostly. At the age of 16 my body weight was 60kg, and fat mass was 15 procent (fine). At the age of 18 my body weight was reduced to 50(!)kg and my fat mass was.. well.. lower than 5 procent. Nevertheless, my physical stamina and speed were quite big. My power however was decreasing. My exercise addiction led to chronic knee pain and that slowly forced me to calm down and slowly my addiction disappeared. It was a long rehab. I did not reach 60kg until the age of 23. Since that age, I did more power exercise and less cardio. My weight is now 70kg, which is fine.

What are the delayed signs of puberty I noticed?

- Since the age of 23: persistent acne. The acne is now fading away a little bit. I know the main cause of acne is an increased leven of testosteron, which is involved in growing.
- noticeably more and faster body hair growth and beard growth in the last year.
- Higher libido (more thinking about sex and women) although I had this also in teenage years, but the exercise addiction and body insecurities stood in the way of taking any action towards girls tongue.png

I think I also have to bring up this: From april to august, I felt pain and stiffness often in my pelvis area. It could have been signs of doing too much at the gym, but could it also have been some sort of growing pain?

Of course, now knowing that I could have been taller if I was not in that condition, I have a complex about my height now. My brother is way bigger and I am evenly big as my dad. I know 1m75 is not that bad, but just the belief that I could have been evenly tall as my bro (and other friends), is eating away self-confidence now and then.
------

Are there any experts or people who can speak out of experience, to answer my following questions?

1- Could there occur delayed growth because of delayed hormonal influences in my body?
2- How can I know if my epiphysis are already ossified or not? If not, could I grow even more?
3- If more growth is possible, how can I support that potential growth optimally?
4- Would taking growth hormones have any influence on my growth at my age?
5- Is it common that delayed growth and delayed hormonal changes occurs in people who suffered from boulimia or some form of malnutrition (in the years that growth is most encouraged by hormones)?
6- Does top sport have the potential to lower your skeletal age, which can lead to not completely ossified epiphysis, even in mid-20's?

------

I thank you for your attention!

with kind regards
Evert