what happens at the 5' end of dna in replication process?

amirmohammadnourizadeh

as we all know,when a dna replicates the ending phase of replication has two parts:

1-ending in the 3' end of template dna strand.this ending part was explained by elizabeth blackburn and her colleagues.they said that telomerase would attach to the 3' hanging end of template dna strand and would produce telomere sequence and then,by the help of primers and dna polymerase the okazaki pieces would be added and ligated by dna ligase and after that a protein complex creates the t-loop and fixes the ending structure.

but my question begins from here.

what happens to the 5' end of template dna strand in the ending phase?

when dna polymerase is producing the leading strand,the production continues down to the end of template strand in a parallel way.so what happens after the leading strand is produced? is this side of the dna left just as a simple strand and ready for the enzymes to destruct it? or a series of actions is also taken by enzyme and protein complexes on this side of the dna?

please let me know all your opinions or information because this is a question my professor asked us and I want to be the one to answer it.

thank you.(sorry for the language,I'm actually a freshman in medicine and it is my first term in university so my scientific language wouldn't be so good,sorry for that.)