Cell Biology - Cytoskeleton

MasterCobra

Hello everyone,

I have homework to do about the cytoskeleton and its use in cell motility and I wanted to confirm some of my answers with you guys.

Here's the problem:

We have the result of a simple scratch test (cells come into confluence in a Petri dish, we make a scratch and study the cells' ability to close the gap)

There is a control test, where we see the normal cell motility and 2 study tests:

Group A: there is an evident acceleration of cell motility compared to the control test

Group B: there is no cell motility

And I must associate a different bunch of conditions to either group A or group B, as the expected results

1) GTP hydrolysis is blocked by a mutated GAP

Microtubules use GTP to polymerize at their "+" ends. The hydrolysis of GTP to GDP causes the microtubules to depolymerise. So if we block this process, cell motility should be accelerated. Group A

2) Mutated myosin inactivates ATP hydrolysis:

ATP hydrolysis is essential to myosin movement on actin filaments. Without it, cell motility is non present, group B

3) Mutation causes hyperactive Cdc42:

Cdc42 induces actin polymerization. A hyperactive Cdc42 will accelerate cell motility, group A

Thank you very much, your help is always appreciated!