Anybody have FreeBSD 5.3 (GRUB files)

1veedo

I recently had some problems with my bootloader orginating from a borken Cd reader...my other writer, no matter what I did, was never recognized by BIOS...so I installed a bootloader on a floppy and, a word of advice, never isntall the rpm for smartboot.... w/o knowing my HD bootloader was replaced with a hardware bootloader, I installed FreeBSD.

To my suprize I was not able to boot into it. Nor was I able to get back in FC3! I read up on GRUB then used the files still in my boot partition to create a floppy boot that got me in fedora. From there I dlaoded the latest GRUB, copied all my previous GRUB files, installed it, copied old image, devices, and boot settings, etc. Got GRUB back to the way it was before smartboot was installed.

Anyway, it is only configured for FC3 (old files). I want to be able to boot into my other recently installed OS!

This would be alot easier if I could mount my FreeBSD install, but everything I've tried has failed. And yes, module ufs is loaded.

So I am asking for anybody with FreeBSD (5.3, but I can probably work w/ any version) to give me their GRUB settings for it, and possible the file in your boot folder (vmlize or something). I don't think I need the FreeBSD file but I'd like to set up GRUB locally because if I ever resized or changed anything before my hda3 partition I'd have to go in and edit root=whatever. Not too big of a deal though.