Slant on M theory

Havok88

Was wondering if it is possible that instead of "strings" what if all matter is connected by "tubes" allowing the passage of matter between universes. If so there is the possibility that antimatter coming into contact with matter could have caused an annihilation which created the "Big Bang". True?

That's what I was thinking at a quantum level

Well, we know that on the quantum level we have negative energy densities and that these could in principle support microworm holes. The other question is then if such things are traversable, this I think is not really known. Solutions of the Einstein field equations that describe traversable wormholes are known, but it is not obvious that nature realises them.

There are other kinds of wormholes in more exotic kinds of gravity, such as those found in brane worlds. This is outside my area of expertese, but you could consult [1] for a starting place.

Reference

[1] Francisco S. N. Lobo, A general class of braneworld wormholes, Phys.Rev.D75:064027,2007. (arXiv:gr-qc/0701133v2 )

Thank you. Ill check that out. I don't really have that great an understanding of theoretical physics in general but I'm trying to expand my knowledge. You've been very helpful

Thank you. Ill check that out. I don't really have that great an understanding of theoretical physics in general but I'm trying to expand my knowledge. You've been very helpful

Sorry. Computer crapped out

Maybe a popular science book would be useful to you. Not that I have read it, but Black Holes, Wormholes and Time Machines, Second Edition by Jim Al-Khalili (Dec 8, 2011) looks interesting. I know Al-Khalili is good at writing books that are very readable for a general audience.