Price Equation and Altruism

Hey,

Does Price Equation, when it comes to explain how the altruism trait can spread, breaks down if a group has only one individual who has the trait?
If the Equation needs more than one altruistic individual (and actually many individuals) within the group, is it not the case that the Price Equation is a non starter when is comes to explain how altruism can spread within the population?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I know of this link and it does have a section on altruism. Someone said to me that the equation doesn't explain altruism at all because it needs many individuals who have that trait and if there are already many such individuals, you don't the equation, hence my question.

I added the link more for other members who might be unfamiliar with the concept. I am not familiar enough with the topic to provide a reliable answer. You wold wind up with a vague opinion. Not what you are looking for.