SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

hi,
i would like to know if software engineering was a good career choice ! i really love computer science and ive been working with it since i was 9 and im really good at it ! my dads asking me to do mechanical engineering ! just wanted to know which one was better ?

I like apples, but my dad says oranges are better. We cannot seem to agree on it though. (Joking).

You cannot say mechanical engineering or computer science is "better".

Looking at the average income, there is not much difference.

So, we have to discuss the contents. Maybe we should start with a question: What is it that you like so much about computer science?

Well, if you will study mechanical engineering, there is a fair chance you will still sit behind a computer too, and you will for example write software (or rather, a model) that can predict whether some components in a car are strong enough or not. Or you will

All I am saying is that computer science is certainly not the only field where you will sit behind a computer and be a geek. Most engineering fields tend to go that way nowadays.