what branch would you class environmental science as?

cat-lady

i understand environmental science is a brach of its own but would you class it as a biological science?

i only ask as i am having problems picking my modules for my degree. i need mainly biological module s for masters id like to go on to but i'm very interested in environmental science and worry picking this will geperdise my future progress.

thank you.

Environmental science is multi-disciplinary and it hovers between physical science and biological science. You can study the environment from a biologist's point of view as well as a physicist's point of view. Most universities (IMHO) would consider it to be a biology module. So picking it would not "jeopardize" your career :)

i understand environmental science is a brach of its own but would you class it as a biological science?

i only ask as i am having problems picking my modules for my degree. i need mainly biological module s for masters id like to go on to but i'm very interested in environmental science and worry picking this will geperdise my future progress.

thank you.

Since your concern is to buld up sufficient credits in biology subjects you should enquire of the administrators of the specific masters program you are interested in. Otherwise you will be relying upon well intentioned semantic advice that is irrelevant to your situation.

• 1 month later...

Generally I believe most classes regarding environmental sciences cover mostly biology with some emphasis on Earth science and oceanography (wind, waves . Since most sciences are intertwined it's hard to say for sure but the school you are going to would most likely classify this based on the curriculum taught in the class. Best bet is to do what Ophiolite said and check with your counselor or one of the school administrators, possibly even the professor if you get a chance.