Gravity

Is gravity produced by the rotation of the Earth, the mass of the Earth or a combination of both?

I was wondering about making gravity on a space station. I've seen the hamster wheel type of station that makes everything stick to the walls...but what about putting a spinning ball in the center of a space ship. If the spin causes gravity then you could have a small('ish) mass and spin it very quickly to pull everything towards it. If the mass makes the gravity then the gravity producer might need to be so big that it would not be feasible....if it is a combination of the two then it could possibly work...right?

I was just about to say the same thing Babbler! I found out that the crucial component is mass.

So what you really need to make artificial gravity on a space craft is a little bit of black hole at its center...you'd have a gravity producer taking up very little area!

I guess it would be a problem moving the craft at that point :P