John Joly's ocean paper

usernamer

Where can I find a copy of the paper John Joly made about the age of the oceans, when he calculated the upper bound of their age to be around 100 million years old? I tried googling it, but couldn't find it, so hopefully someone here may know where to look?

Cheers.

Joly, J. (1899). An estimate of the geological age of the earth. Scientific transactions of the Royal Dublin Society, New Series, 7(3). Reprinted in Annual report Smithsonian Institution, June 30, 1899, pp. 247–288.

Joly, J. (1899). An estimate of the geological age of the earth. Scientific transactions of the Royal Dublin Society, New Series, 7(3). Reprinted in Annual report Smithsonian Institution, June 30, 1899, pp. 247–288.

Thanks, after a little bit of googling that, I found the paper in pdf online... incase anyone else is interested, you can find it here:

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=5362244&fulltextType=BR&fileId=S0016756800182354

<edit>

- ignore me, that doesn't seem to be the actual paper, but a review of the paper someone wrote.

Edited by usernamer

I too was unable to locate a copy online despite trying several different approaches. A good library service should be able to find a copy for you. I recall Joly's calculations being cited in my course work back in the 60's, but I never read or saw the paper.

http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/51467#page/53/mode/1up

Joly, J. 1899. An estimate of the geological age of the earth. Scientific Transactions of the Royal Dublin. Society, New Series, 7, 23-66.

method. looked up the royal dublin society to see if copies were online. then found the edition and page numbers of the paper.

Joly, J. (1899). An estimate of the geological age of the earth

Scientific Transactions of the Royal Dublin. Society

google search terms.

Edited by Chrispen Evan