Inattentive ADHD

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone on here will be educated on this sort of topic (or if I'm even in the right topic here), but I thought I'd give it a shot. I would go to a scientific community before any other public forum. Anyway, I am 22, and I was just diagnosed with Inattentive ADHD. My doctor decided to put me on 100 mg Wellbutrin for 2 weeks to see if I see any results. He said that although it's an antidepressant, it has shown to help adults with Primarily Inattentive ADHD.

My question is: Does anyone know anything about this drug and, more specifically, how it could affect the "ADHD brain"? I know it's a different kind of antidepressant in the sense that it does not increase serotonin levels (even though some sources say it does?); just dopamine and norepinephrine. Also, if anyone knows anything about other possible options to help reduce the symptoms associated with I-ADHD I would appreciate any info! Thanks! happy.png

You may find this paper helpful:

http://archildpsych.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Medications-review-for-ADHD-management-Daughton-2009.pdf

It's rather technical, but it's an overview of the different pharmacological treatment options for ADHD, with their advantages and disadvantages listed, with citations to other papers. Wellbutrin (Bupropion) is covered. If you see other papers covered that you'd like copies of, but can't find for free online, I can help get access through my university subscriptions.