physics as an interface to underlying structure

I have put down a few thoughts on how we can start to see physics as an interface to underlying "structure". "Structure" is posed without its normal qualifier "Causal" and it will become more clear why I am doing this if you read the paper. Does anybody see, from reading the paper, how we can:

• cast QFT as an epistemic restriction on (causal?) structure?
  • categorify the notion of epistemic restriction up to morphisms?
  • use internal categories in a monoidal category as a "place" to build structured theories directly from interacting with aparata?

Guy/Ben

It might be best to post a short summary here on the boards - many of the members are wary of downloading attachments from unknown sources. I looked at the very start of your paper and was put off by the word aparata - I don't know if this is a neologism or merely a term of art I am unaware of; but when one finds unknown and untraceable words in the abstract it is very off-putting.

By aparata, I meant the plural of apparatus. The plural is important, I am seeing each apparatus as defining its own structural properties or the causal/categorical structures you can probe with that apparatus. The collection of the apparatuses is meant to invoke a large space or category where various structures can be probed, but only by virtue of there being many different apparatuses that do different jobs.