I need help quickly PLEASE!!!

Guest ANCRnstudent

Guest ANCRnstudent

I am in desperate need of assistance! In my Microbiology class, our lab final is to figure out an unknown. I was just told mine was wrong! I am exhausted with trying to find the answer. I have Gram postitive, motile, rods in pairs and chains. And they produced endospores. All my test have been consistant and I have no clue what it could be. My Glucose and Sucrose fermentation test were positive for acid but negative for gas. My Lactose and Mannitol fermentation were negative for gas and acid. My gel liquidfacation was a positive, starch was positive, and my FAT negative. My Indole was negative, MR was negative, VP was negative, citrate was negative, nitrate was negative, H2S production was negative, urease was negative, Catalase was positive, oxidase was negative, and my phenylalanase was negative. My Litmus Milk had the following reactions: Acid (none after 48 hours), Alkaline (24 hours), Coagulation (24 hours), Reducition (48 hours), Peptonization (48 hours). The only thing on our list of the possible unknowns that any of this added up to be was Bacillus cereus. I have tried Bergey's and the internet and I have came up with repeating answers. I am tired of failing when I think I know the answer. HELP! A website with answers or ANYTHING will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

well you'll probably get an answer here, but you will have to wait until someone who can help you comes online... if you need this by tomorrow or something then you may not get an answer here quick enough. remember this is a forum not a live chat!

when you say you have to find out an unknown... is it any unknown or what?

can you expand on what your actual assignment is please?

Guest ANCRnstudent

He gives us a tube and we have to get a pure culture by t streaking. Well...I thought I did... Maybe I didn't... Any web sites that could help would be nice... And I know it's not a live chat... I ain't no newbie! :D