A code found in equations for superstring theory... huh?

Lightingbird

I'm trying to understand what I have just learned. So some sort of browser based code or binary was discovered in equations for super-string theory. I have a few questions since I am very confused.

If code was created by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, then how could it be in this code? Does this mean that maybe this person just discovered the existing code instead of create it? Can this be tested or is it all just theoretical?

Finally, if these class of block linear self dual error self correcting codes exist and later string theory is found real, what does this mean for the whole picture? Could reality be some sort of virtual reality or maybe something else?

Maybe some of these cant be answered but I'd like some insight and opinions either way.

Edited by Lightingbird

Are you talking abut the work of James Gates jr. et al [1,2]?

References

[1] C. F. Doran, M. G. Faux, S. J. Gates Jr., T. Hübsch, K. M. Iga, G. D. Landweber, R. L. Miller. Codes and Supersymmetry in One Dimension. 2011, arXiv:1108.4124v1 [hep-th]

[2] K. Burghardt, S. J. Gates Jr. A Computer Algorithm For Engineering Off-Shell Multiplets With Four Supercharges On The World Sheet, 2012, arXiv:1209.5020v1 [hep-th]