Does this website really prove that Many Worlds of QM is correct?

Alexander1304

Hello all,

On one forum I found this link:

http://oyhus.no/QM_explaining_many-worlds.html

claiming to demonstrate correctness of Many Wordls interpretation of QM.

On the one hand - seems like well presented arguments.

On the other: it claimes to be discovered in 1990,and it seems to to appear in any peer-reviewed scientific editions.I think: if it REALY is the case - I even didn't come across any apologist of Many Worlds using THIS argument. Any thoughts?

Quantum physicists here?

The many worlds interpretation was first proposed by Everett in 1957. It is an attempt to get rind of the philosophically unpleasant issues of the Copenhagen interpretation, such as EPR paradox and Schrödinger's cat. The idea is to remove randomness and action at a distance from quantum mechanics.

Although stated as an interpretation, the many worlds interpretation rejects the collapse of wavefunctions. This is in principle testable, but well outside of our technology today.

As far as I know, today there is no experimental evidence that supports the many worlds interpretation.

Well,he claims to have this evidence with his computer simulatioin.The question is - who else would accept his conclusion?It seems that his work didn't go farther from his website,I've never read even ardent advocate of "Many Worlds" citing him

Edited by Alexander1304

Well,he claims to have this evidence with his computer simulatioin.The question is - who else would accept his conclusion?

Maybe one could argue that this supports the interpretation, but really you need evidence from nature to settle the argument.

I second ajb

Also, I feel that people try to couple qm and cm as if "because particles behave this way... then the macroscopic world must do that as well". I don't entirely agree with that disposition. QM and CM are two separate worlds where not everything is to be taken at face-value.

• 3 weeks later...