sand filtering sulphuric acid

I have some sulphuric acid, supposedly 98%, that I bought as drain cleaner. Anyways, it is really muddy brown / black in color, and I think it might have an inhibitor of some sort to reduce its corrosiveness. How would I go about filtering the acid? I was thinking of using some sort of sand filter, but I can't think of a way to contain the sand and allow the acid to go through. Would anyone here with some pure, technical grade acid mind using a pipette to put a single drop on a piece of standard printer and timing how long it takes to start charring? Tell me the results of course. It will help me decide if it has any inhibitor, if it does, I'll just throw the stuff away.

I would recommend coarse gravel on the bottom, getting progressively finer as the filter goes up, and that should filter out the stuff just fine (if the sand is relatively free of reactive impurities). Alternatively, glass grit?

I soaked that sand in every corrosive thing I had on hand, it is quite pure. Remember, glass grit and sand are essentially the same thing, just crushed up sio2. The gravel really is quite a good idea. The issue is stopping the filtration media from coming out the hole in the bottom. How do they do that in commercial units? I'll soak some gravel in waste h2so4, to make sure the batch to be purified doesn't get screwed up with solubles. Would anyone mind trying the char test for me?

I have some sulphuric acid, supposedly 98%, that I bought as drain cleaner. Anyways, it is really muddy brown / black in color, and I think it might have an inhibitor of some sort to reduce its corrosiveness. How would I go about filtering the acid? I was thinking of using some sort of sand filter, but I can't think of a way to contain the sand and allow the acid to go through. Would anyone here with some pure, technical grade acid mind using a pipette to put a single drop on a piece of standard printer and timing how long it takes to start charring? Tell me the results of course. It will help me decide if it has any inhibitor, if it does, I'll just throw the stuff away.

I meant to say printer paper, sorry.

Well, off to pour sulfuric acid on my printer. XP

Anyway, couldn't do any tests for you because that drain cleaner is not available where I live. Rooto, right?

I'd like it if you use technical grade or otherwise pure sulphuric acid, that way I have a standard by which I may compare my acid. And no, it's not Rooto.