Environmental Sciences 10 question Interview

barrano247

Hello, I need to interview an environmental scientist/expert for my AP environmental science summer assignment, so i thought it would be a good idea to ask someone online to answer these questions. IF you would like to answer them, just answer the questions to the best of your ability, and put your name at the end of your post, as well as any formal titles that would prove your expertise (not necessary but would be preferred). Please take the time to give some input to these questions, it would be very helpful to me and also it would shed some light on views on important environmental issues.

1.Do you believe that global warming is an eminent threat or won't really affect us for the next century or so?

2.Do you think that global change is what is actively occurring, not specifically global warming (mostly in relation to the recent bouts of strange weather the world has seen)?

3.What do you think is the most eminent environmental crisis (what is most in need of attention right now)?

4.Do you think that there is a readily available solution to water pollution (besides not using the things that cause it, like plastics), and if so, what do you think it is?

5.Do you think that Deforestization is a major environmental issue currently? If so, do you believe that it could be solved by using an alternative to paper that could be produced in mass quantities? What do you think that alternative is?

6.Do you think that modern humanity and the environment can coexist (i.e. do you think that with the technology and population we have currently, that we can maintain a healthy biosphere and live modern lifestyles)?

7.Do you think that mankind will have to develop techniques to limit our space usage, and if so, what are some ideas you have to do this

8.Would you consider poaching a major environmental issue? Do you have any ideas as to how we could counter it more effectively?

9.Do you believe that there are reliable fuel alternatives besides fossil fuels, that could sustain a modern society? If so, do you have ideas as to what these alternatives could be? (list them as well)

10.Would you consider water scarcity a major environmental issue? If so, do you have ideas as to what we could do to make sure that there is enough water to sustain societies around the world? (list them as well)

Thanks in advance for reading/answering these questions!

Edited by barrano247