need help understanding dna results

dnahelp

Hi there, new to the boards and new to really studying genetics other than basic biology. I have just undergone a dna test with some possible relatives and I have no clue how to read the results. I do not understand why some areas are matching yet I have a 0% chance of being their relative. Also I do not understand why my race was left blank and theirs was all filled in, is this something the lab saw from the dna results, something they just forgot to fill out when collecting samples or saw my married name which isn't typically caucasian and didn't want to fill it in despite my photograph looking very caucasian. Any help is appreciated and how to I understand my results and what all these numbers mean and what exactly was tested? Should I try to hit up a local college student to help me understand the results? I really want to be confident in these results, and don't want any doubt left. I know it is rare for there to be mix ups in the lab, but I was really expecting a positive result or inconclusive at the very least.

Can we see it? (with names and other sensible data removed) And trying to answer your question... As far as I know what they test is if the alelles (traits) of specific loci (specific sites of the DNA) are shared among the possible relatives, but people not related can have the same alelle by chance, so this must be backed up with statiscal significance, therefore maybe the matchs you saw are not statistically significant. I don't know why they required the race of some and not yours.