Dark energy & Expanding Universe

25Hz

From my knowledge the theory of the accelerating expansion of the universe is based only on the observation of the Doppler effect.

Is it possible that light's frequency is dropping (for some unidentified reason) traveling throughout the cosmos and the stars are moving away with a constant speed? If dark energy is blowing up everything (including us), then it is merely a question of perspective if the universe is expanding, or the forces that hold matter together are decaying. In the case of photons this process could also mean loosing frequency. Am I contradicting some scientific observations?

Edited by 25Hz

I think Tired Light is the concept you are asking about:

Tired light is a class of hypothetical redshift mechanisms that was proposed as an alternative explanation for the redshift-distance relationship. These models have been proposed as alternatives to the metric expansion of space of which the Big Bang and the Steady State cosmologies are the most famous examples. The concept was first proposed in 1929 by Fritz Zwicky, who suggested that if photons lost energy over time through collisions with other particles in a regular way, the more distant objects would appear redder than more nearby ones. Zwicky himself acknowledged that any sort of scattering of light would blur the images of distant objects more than what is seen. Additionally, the surface brightness of galaxies evolves with time, time dilation of cosmological sources, and a thermal spectrum of the cosmic microwave background have been observed - these effects that should not be present if the cosmological redshift was due to any tired light scattering mechanism. Despite periodic re-examination of the concept, tired light has not been supported by observational tests and has lately been consigned to consideration only in the fringes of astrophysics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tired_light

• 8 months later...

My opinion, dark matter is not blowing things up, if it were it would not be possible to flow through us without damage. My curiosity is with what radiant frequency is it occurring at in relationship to white matter. Each must be exerting the same level of force or they would be colliding on a frequent basis.

Years ago I did research with sound cancelation. With two waves of equal amplitude I was able to focus the waves on a central point whereby the collision resulted in each canceling itself out. The issue was with the creation of harmonics of lesser amplitude that also had to be canceled to create a quite zone.

Matter/Energy has to conform to the same set of rules. Yes or No . My other question what was the force that pushed dark and white matter closer together until it resulted in the Big bang?

Always Curious

Dark matter and Dark energy are two entirely different phenomena!

Dark matter is responsible for holding galaxies together even though they have a higher rotational velocity than what the gravity from visible matter can maintain. It is called "dark" because it is something yet unknown and it doesn't interact with light so we can't see it directly, not because it is colored black or have an opposite relationship with something else.

Dark energy on the other hand is what's causing the accelerated expansion of the Universe, it is a force that overpowers gravity on very large distances and seems to push things apart. It is also named "dark" because we don't yet know what it consists of, which can cause confusion, but as with Dark matter the name is not linked to some kind of evil force or similar.

White matter is some kind of brain tissue and is not a cosmological description or designation.