IQ

I know that over time the concept of IQ has proven to be flawed but it is still popular on television and it has made me intrigued about the highest results ever achieved... Maybe I could profundize on their biographies... I already saw that the person with the highest IQ ever measured achieved great things but not as great as people that have not had their IQ measured... Any psychologist out there knows the 5, 10 or 50 highest results ever and who got them and how high these were? and at which age which they were measured?

I know that over time the concept of IQ has proven to be flawed but it is still popular on television and it has made me intrigued about the highest results ever achieved... Maybe I could profundize on their biographies... I already saw that the person with the highest IQ ever measured achieved great things but not as great as people that have not had their IQ measured... Any psychologist out there knows the 5, 10 or 50 highest results ever and who got them and how high these were? and at which age which they were measured?

I can't point you to anything specific, but the person with the highest IQ in the world I still think is that janitor, and there's also this

http://www.jeremyperson.com/chris-langan-the-worlds-smartest-man/

I wouldn't be too discouraged by IQ though, I've been on both sides, and IQ isn't useful if you don't have much to do with it, and anything that a person with an extremely higih IQ can do can be done by another person but with more conscious work and/or time put into the process.

I can't point you to anything specific, but the person with the highest IQ in the world I still think is that janitor, and there's also this

http://www.jeremyper...s-smartest-man/

I wouldn't be too discouraged by IQ though, I've been on both sides, and IQ isn't useful if you don't have much to do with it, and anything that a person with an extremely higih IQ can do can be done by another person but with more conscious work and/or time put into the process.

I do not believe much in IQ, I believe in the importance of intelligence, but not IQ because IQ is very biased on what a particular nation teaches its people and it does not account for those with more than one nation as influence (migrants for example) or people that are self-taught and have learnt things average people do not know... However this only means that people can score lower than they deserve, people scoring high actually deserve some respect.

I had this person as the highest IQ, thanks for the answer 'though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_vos_Savant

IQ is extremely difficult to measure at the extremes.

There's still logical reasons for it happening though. I can tell when my IQ is increased because I can consciously and sub-consciously process, perceive and keep track of much more information than in a previous state, but I can tell right now I cannot do that so well. It's actually pretty weird to remember being in a conscious state where I was able to think much more efficiently but not actually being able to do it when I remember it, because its almost like I'm tricking myself into thinking faster. It's usually after I've been doing a variety of out-of-the-box thinking and maybe specific actions followed by good sleep and some optimism. Alternatively, being tired lowers this, and so does getting angry.

Edited by questionposter