Fun experiments to do at home?

Anima Aeterna

Basically, I'd like to play around with the electronic stuff here around the house. I want to experiment and explore things.

I never went farther than connection 2 torn copper cables together. Those that have 4 copper wires inside, white, black red and blue (iirc). I was successful but it didn't look very professionally connected. I suppose current did run through, though.

So I'm basically asking for fun things to experiment with. Something practical that I can do at home. This is a funny example:

It would likely help if I told you I'm in my first year of an informatics course. It's nearly the end of the year and I've studied and learned a lot of different things, but needless to say I'd likely not be able to make something like the example I've showed you. Unless I was provided with a good guide/explanation. :)

I do have several mobile phones I can mess around with, without worrying about breaking them, as well as an old washing machine which doesn't work, a PlayStation 2 which doesn't work and an old VHS player. Those I don't need to be careful when meddling with, so It's a bonus.

Edited by Lil_Knowledge_Seeker