Mike Leigh's film, Naked.

ozric

Has anyone seen this spectacular film from Mike Leigh? It stars a magnificent David Thewlis as 'Jonny', a down and out on the run with some enlightening, significant and deep things to say.

Here is a clip, but I suggest you watch all of the film.

The part about each stage of animal evolution not having knowledge about its future troubles me, as of course animals do not have the hindsight into history and are not able to make predictions about their future (or so we think) as we attempt to. Surely with these analytical skills we are able to know a little bit about our future in small steps. This film was made in '93, so I don't know what the beliefs were then, or where the dialogue is taken from or if it is composed by the writers.

Do tell me what you think, I wrote my feelings pretty quickly about the scene I have linked, so sorry if I'm talking gobbledygook!

Anyway, I thoroughly recommend the film, it has a great cast and with some incredible acting and I'm surprised it isn't more well known.

:D:o:wacko: