Need help identifying possible fungus!

To me, it looks like some sort of branching fungus. Anyone able to identify what this could be?

It was originally discovered growing inside a plastic container in my bathroom that was filled with some old earrings that were not fully cleaned. I am assuming the dead skin cells are what it was feeding off of. After stumbling upon this, I transferred some of the spore-like pieces into a plastic vial with some of the (for lack of a better word) "gunk" from the earrings. The fungus grew at a fairly quick rate; there was a noticeable increase of them within just a few days.

....Excuse my amateur vocabulary -- I have not taken Microbiology yet in school! blink.gif

post-70609-0-30167100-1333646236_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reliance_On_Science

If you need to confirm this, what you were isolated you can follow basic microbiology methods. Do culturing samples on MRBA plate and incubate.( be carefull to continue this in aseptically as far you can.) after 24 hours you can post us colony characters.

Suggest MRBA medium is going to be a bit complex and probably not readily available. Also Rose Bengal can be problematic if folks don't incubate in the dark.

Suggest you use what you can get - Sabouraud's if available.

Edited by JorgeLobo