Internet acess with proxy connection

avoba

I ve been trying to acess some websites at work, but they are blocked via proxy, wich means, the only way you can access the internet is if you type a certain proxy (172.16.0.1, port 8080), at the control panel of your browser. I can only use the internet browser. If I try to change the proxy, to enter the blocked websites, the internet doesnt work, so my question is,

Is there a possibility to unblock the websites without changing the proxy configuration?

Thanks, avoba

Edited by avoba

Indeed the internet will not work, the reason being is routing within the network will be setup in such a way that the only route leading to the outside is via that proxy - so there really isn't a way to avoid going through it unless you can find another exit point (proxy) within the network that leads/allows traffic out.

The real question was "Is there a possibility to unblock the websites without changing the proxy configuration?" And the answer is no. Depending on what software is being used to filter your traffic there isn't much you can do on the client side. You can try finding a web proxy online to "bypass" certain filtered content within the proxy on the network you are at, but this can get you in trouble so explore at your own risk and just be aware everything you are accessing is getting logged.