As a scientist, does life still seem surprising and even amazing at times?

I Was going to post this as a science question but realized I would only be starting a philosophical debate anyway, I have been pondering, as scientists do you believe that the origin of life can be explained with a series of chemical reactions or do you think there is more to it than that, to my knowledge we have never witnessed the creation of something that is by definition alive out of inanimate matter, it seems to me that there is a driving force behind life that defies description.

As far as I know all forms of matter and chemical reactions do little more than react with other forms of matter but life itself seems to have a very different nature than anything else, does this still fill you with awe despite everything you know about the universe, I know it does for me.

As far as I know all forms of matter and chemical reactions do little more than react with other forms of matter but life itself seems to have a very different nature than anything else, does this still fill you with awe despite everything you know about the universe, I know it does for me.

Do not think for a minute that knowing how something works makes it less awe inspiring or wonderful. The more I study, the more often I find myself sitting and staring in amazement at some object or phenomenon I had previously taken completely for granted.