Precession of the Mercury without relativity.

NewR

Hello,

here is semi classical formula for gravitational acceleration which perfectly predicts "relativistic" effects like precession of the Mercury.

I have tested it by numerical integration. I can post very simple code of the program if somebody would like to test it.

But I would be thankful if somebody would help to derive a formula of mentioned precession analytically.

Here is corrected version of the mentioned acceleration.

->http://www.part.lt/img/db0d42e1474f160a32a4c0bcd95deb4a335.png

It gives the same precession by 0.103 arc seconds per revolution

but now it has much more clear meaning.

Also it is simpler. Maybe now somebody will be able to help with analytical derivation of the precession?

Or maybe someone can offer some other interesting cases to test this formula?

// Just copy/paste the link to your browser if direct link do not work.

// Maybe some issues between servers which I do not understand.

Edited by NewR

• 1 month later...

Hello,

here is semi classical formula for gravitational acceleration which perfectly predicts "relativistic" effects like precession of the Mercury.

I have tested it by numerical integration. I can post very simple code of the program if somebody would like to test it.

But I would be thankful if somebody would help to derive a formula of mentioned precession analytically.

how did you test it, what method of numerical integration and how did you measure the precession once you had the data. I ask because I have been having troubles with a program for the same purpose, I numerically integrate and then fit the data to an ellipse, semiaxis measures are perfect but the precession rate is way off.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

You do not give any detail (input values, uncertainties...) about your empirical formula, but what really surprises me is that you title this as "without relativity" when I can see a c2 factor in your empirical formula :rolleyes:.

Edited by juanrga