inorganic non slippery substance

dragonlady0627

hello,

i'm looking for a few compounds that will help me create a shower melt (substance melts at bathroom shower temperatures) without using organic materials. they need to be non-toxic and non slippery as well.

can someone throw some ideas my way? any information would be helpful.

TIA.

Edited by dragonlady0627

Could you give more details with regards to your limitations?

Why inorganic?

This can be quite the limiting factor.

Why melt?

I know the product you wish to produce is called a melt, but what do you expect from something that melts as opposed to dissolves?

Is it necessary that the compound act specifically towards temperature in the absence of water?

Bentonite or Montmorillonite does not adequately fulfill your needs? It can be incorporated to give a few of the properties desired in such a product, is inorganic, and is not slippery to the touch when mixed with water . . . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply! I apologize for the lapse in replying back.

>Could you give more details with regards to your limitations?

Most bath melts require the use of such things as butters, oils and the like. I would rather not have to use these products as they can get expensive, and it's quite the waste if the item is melting/dissolving in a shower rather than a bath.

>Why melt? I know the product you wish to produce is called a melt, but what do you expect from something that melts as opposed to dissolves?

Melting usually lasts longer in my experience, though if I could have a substance dissolve within a 15 - 20 minute time frame in shower temperature water (approx 107 degrees F) that would work as well.

>Is it necessary that the compound act specifically towards temperature in the absence of water?

No. It must react with water.

>Bentonite or Montmorillonite does not adequately fulfill your needs? It can be incorporated to give a few of the properties desired in such a product, is inorganic, and is not slippery to the touch when mixed with water . . . . .

They would work, yes but I would need something added to slow the melting/dissolving down.

Thanks again for your reply. I hope I answered your questions properly.