Society on Freedom

lightburst

I was hit by the idea: "Society is the prime suppressor of Freedom.". Society is built upon certain rules/practices wherein they dictate how an individual should act and the limits of what a person can say, contrary to the idea of Freedom. A society 'for' freedom eventually overpowers its ruling body; therefore a dictatorship itself does not at all circumstances censor. Even notions that withhold Freedom should be free to be expressed but is not in a 'free' society(as preposterous as that is). I was told Nazism is in a way still in Germany, free, but is frowned upon and so what freedom is that. Ultimately free society is not so free.

I want to hear some arguments and to see if this holds water. Or is it quite obvious? And I'm not Nazi. You could replace that with Communism in America.

I figured this was the best section to post this; although not necessarily the right forums. Just didn't want to register to a new forum.