Quilted Multiverse Theory

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this theory?

• Garbage.
    • Interesting.
    • Meh. Don't care for it.
    • Why are you asking me???

Alright, so here's an explanation of the Quilted Multiverse Theory for those of you who have no idea what it is I just said:

Think of the universe as one, MASSIVE planar grid. Or say, a giant paper grid laying on top of a table. Now, every so often in the boxes of the grid is a dimension. Each of these dimensions was created by the Big Bang (that's the theory), and even though millions of years have passed, bringing us to present day, the light traveling through space thrown off by the big bang is still traveling outwards. The space between all these dimensions where the light from all the "big bangs" hasn't reached contains no light, and therefore can't be seen until "our" section of light expands into it, creating our "cosmic horizon". So, put simply, we can only see as far as our light has reached, and that is our own individual cosmic horizon.

All these lights from the dimensions continue to expand, and after so much time has passed, they collide. Now, you're sitting here going "big whoop who cares, light collides, nothing's going to happen". But this is where the QMT gets interesting.

It is stated within the theory that there is a specific distance from your current dimension that another, exact copy of you, your planet, your solar system, your galaxy, etc. exist in one of these dimensions, if not more. And when all the individual light "diameters" expand to the point where the entire universe is exposed to every dimension, they effectively become one dimension.

So, my questions to you (you don't have to answer them all, I just want opinions) are:

Provided you had a ship fast enough to get you to what once was a dimension that was a copy of yours before your copy died, how do you think the copy would react?

If only one dimension can exist within our perception, what decided which copies and realities get "deleted"?

Do you think this same concept applies to separate universes, rather than dimensions, considering we have no idea how large space is?

Any questions of your own? Maybe I didn't explain the theory clearly enough?

Edited by Voltarius

• 2 weeks later...