Elenin and astronomical alignments.

Charm

I'm hoping some of you who understand subjects like astronomical alignments, magnetic portals and pole shifts, can help me. I've noticed a lot of interest around the 'comet' Elenin and lots of 'end of the word' nonsense that seems to be associated with this 'comet'. I had some spare time today and came across this short video about Elenin and it aroused my interest:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MqV0StQbJQs

I don't know if this guy is a quack or what. I'm hoping someone here will watch the video (it's not too long) and be able to explain to me in layman's terms, if he is talking sense or rubbish. According to a programme you can download from Nasa (Jet propulsion Lab?), Elenin will aligning with the sun and earth on Sep 26th. Elenin will be 0.396 AU from the earth. This closeness and alignment will supposedly cause a pole shift (according to the maker of the video, not Nasa). Then on Nov 22nd there will be another alignment, with Elenin being 0.58 AU from the earth and this will cause a pole shift reversal.

So! Is it all rubbish? Can an 'object' assume polarity control of the Earth from the Sun?

Edited by Charm

Comet Elenin Poses No Threat to Earth

Can this comet influence us from where it is, or where it will be in the future? Can this celestial object cause shifting of the tides or even tectonic plates here on Earth?

There have been incorrect speculations on the Internet that alignments of comet Elenin with other celestial bodies could cause consequences for Earth and external forces could cause comet Elenin to come closer. "Any approximate alignments of comet Elenin with other celestial bodies are meaningless, and the comet will not encounter any dark bodies that could perturb its orbit, nor will it influence us in any way here on Earth," said Don Yeomans, a scientist at NASA JPL.

"Comet Elenin will not only be far away, it is also on the small side for comets," said Yeomans. "And comets are not the most densely-packed objects out there. They usually have the density of something akin to loosely packed icy dirt.

"So you've got a modest-sized icy dirtball that is getting no closer than 35 million kilometers [about 22 million miles)," said Yeomans. "It will have an immeasurably minuscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean's tides than comet Elenin ever will."

Link to full article: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2011-255

Thanks for that link Spyman. I did watch a Nasa video that said a similar thing. The video I linked to, suggests that Elenin is NOT a comet and so whilst the nasa information is true of comets, maybe it won't apply to Elenin. If Elenin is a dwarf star, then would that make any difference?

I've heard there is a "brown dwarf" theory about Comet Elenin. Would its mass be enough to pull Comet Honda's trajectory a significant amount? Could this be used to determine the mass of Elenin?

Morrison says that there is no 'brown dwarf theory' of this comet. "A comet is nothing like a brown dwarf. You are correct that the way astronomers measure the mass of one object is by its gravitational effect on another, but comets are far too small to have a measureable influence on anything."

If we had a black or brown dwarf in our outer solar system, I guess no one could see it, right?

"No, that's not correct," says Morrison. "If we had a brown dwarf star in the outer solar system, we could see it, detect its infrared energy and measure its perturbing effect on other objects. There is no brown dwarf in the solar system, otherwise we would have detected it. And there is no such thing as a black dwarf.

Thanks again Spyman.

I found this comment about Dwarf stars on another Youtube video:

''If this is indeed a Dwarf Star with orbiting satellites why is it not visible? It is pretty close now.''

''The first dwarf star was discovered officially in 1995, because this classification of star is very difficult to see. ELE is releasing a photon cloud that keeps the star at temps just above absolute zero. The dwarf star is sitting inside a V-shaped gravity trough that creates the gravitational lensing effect that allows you to see the stars in the distance, but not the dwarf star. A dwarf with half Sun mass is only 50 percent larger than Earth; small but very powerful indeed ...''

Anyhow, considering we don't have to wait long before these aledged polar shifts etc, we shall soon know......

I am not aware of any scientifically verified evidence of V-shaped gravity able to cause invisibility or confirmed observations of dwarf stars with temps just above absolute zero.

I don't understand 'normal' gravity, nevermind 'v-shaped'. I think if there was anything in the claims that Elenin isn't a comet etc, then I'm sure astro-physicists, astronomers, cosmologists etc, would have voiced their concerns by now. The only 'scientist', I've come across supporting these claims, is Mensur Omerbashich who is mentioned in the Youtube video I linked to. Wiki call him a 'crank scientist'.

I'll continue to be interested until the dates they've set, come and go. Not long to wait. lol.