Beginner questions about PTC reaction

boronbrad

I was reading a synth that utilizes 4-piperidone Hcl, stating there is no need to isolate as freebase because the reaction is conducted in PTC conditions (TBAB/TEBA). What about 4-piperidone hydrate/ monohydrate Hcl? Does the same advice apply?

I was reading a synth that utilizes 4-piperidone Hcl, stating there is no need to isolate as freebase because the reaction is conducted in PTC conditions (TBAB/TEBA). What about 4-piperidone hydrate/ monohydrate Hcl? Does the same advice apply?

Hello,

Unfortunately 4-piperidone is a precursor to a controlled substance so I'm not willing to answer this question for you.

I will give you a good place to get an answer though if you're working at a university lab or a company. Your lab should have a controlled substance drawer, and in that drawer will be information about how to use all of the controlled substances, typically a precursor to a controlled substance will also be in that drawer along with relevant documentation.

Otherwise you can get plenty of procedures from Sci-Finder.

Cheers :)