Energy distorting the fabric of space

So I've heard somewhere or read somewhere on here that photons can distort the fabric of space, but what about energy itself? Why would energy need to take some other form to distort the fabric (mass) when it already does so? Because as you approach the speed of light, time slows down from your point of view, but the only time that time slows down in relativity is when the fabric of space get's distorted, which means by adding energy your somehow distorting the fabric of space more, but if energy doesn't carry "higg's bosons" or whatever causes mass, how does energy do it? I mean energy has relative mass, but it isn't mass itself, that's why it needs to be converted, so I don't get this.

Edited by questionposter

So I've heard somewhere or read somewhere on here that photons can distort the fabric of space, but what about energy itself? Why would energy need to take some other form to distort the fabric (mass) when it already does so? Because as you approach the speed of light, time slows down from your point of view, but the only time that time slows down in relativity is when the fabric of space get's distorted, which means by adding energy your somehow distorting the fabric of space more, but if energy doesn't carry "higg's bosons" or whatever causes mass, how does energy do it? I mean energy has relative mass, but it isn't mass itself, that's why it needs to be converted, so I don't get this.

The stress-energy tensor, which determines spacetime curvature, includes mass/energy as well as momentum flux and pressure.