Calorie efficiency in animals

I have been wondering for a long time, since my brother said we were the most efficient, what is the most efficient animal when running in terms of both distance and i forget the term but it's basically number of body lengths traveled.

Well, I don't know about running with an average animal, but Blue Whales burn energy more efficiently than any other animal because they are the largest animal. Scientists have noticed a pattern that the bigger an animal is, the more efficient it uses energy, though scientists have no idea why this pattern occurs.

With humans I suspect that humans "can" be the most efficient for running if they force themselves to work out heavily every day, which other animals don't do because they need to conserve energy for searching for food, but otherwise I don't think humans are naturally the most efficient since there's larger animals than run more and run faster like tigers.

Edited by questionposter