P=NP via fractals?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. P=NP via fractals?

• hummm.. i shall mull this over for the next decade
    • I'm a genius ill get back to you with a proof
    • i have no idea where to start either
    • your barking up the wrong tree

Hi all,

I was reading an article in new scientistabout physicists suggestion the universe may be fractal, this kind of makes sinceto me since they’re rather good at describing leaves, trees coastlines ..basically anything well.. ‘natural / organic’.

I know complex structures likesocial networks can exhibit fractal geometry as well; these structures can alsoexhibit complex and chaotic behaviours like weather patterns, neurons and othergraph structures. Navigating suchstructures could be considered NP-Hard (e.g. what order and how to manipulate proteinsin to fold them optimally).

This got methinking about whether fractals could be used to turn the complexity of NP-hardproblems around and use it against them to *relatively* easily solve them.

I must admit I'm no mathematician and haveno idea really where to start looking at this, so I thought id throw it outthere for you smarter guys to see what you make of it.

Furbs