EM properties of ferrous liquids in spherical form

quantumstrides

I am an ameteur physicist (i actually have my degree in meteorology), and i have some questions about the EM properties of liquid metals or ferrous liquids when in spherical form. I understand if you are too busy or if i sound off, but if you do have the time to answer a few questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron Stewart

Aaron, we can't answer until you ask your question.. ;)

What exactly do you want to know about the EM properties of liquid metals in spherical forms? Or is this a general "what is it" question?

i am curious as to what the result would be if you wrapped it in insulated wire and ran a current through it. kinda like an electromagnet...

for instance, if i encase my ferrous fluid in a non conductive sphere, wrapped it in multi-(but symetrical) directional wiring, and run a current through it. i am trying to find out what kind of forces are produced, and if there are forces can they be manipulated to have a specific result.

(edit for spelling and specifity)

Edited by quantumstrides