magnetron wireless power transfer

Mad_Furby

Would it be possible to use a magnetron inplace of a primary in an induction system for wireless power transfer?

I’minterested in microwave frequency resonance and i think this may be a good way of starting

Not sure what you are after but a magnetron is a fixed frequency oscillator. It can be pulsed on and off but you can't modulate its frequency.

all i want to do is pickup the electromagnetic radiation using a pickup coil, or some other means which i think should have microwave frequency AC

I think it is theoretically possible. However, at the frequencies involved the power loss becomes enormous over relatively short distances. Also the radiation emitted will be a health risk to anyone near the transmitter. Overall it is probably not a good idea (IMO). There is a good reason why the window of a microwave oven has some sort of mesh over it.