Job opportunities with a Comp Sci degree

12cbutler

Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I just want to get some people's opinions on a subject I've been thinking about. I'm a junior in high school, taking advanced Trig/Calc courses, and think that I want to go to PSU for a bachelors degree in Computer Science. However, I'm not sure about how viable this degree is in the marketplace. I'm not exactly decided about what kind of job I want to strive for after college, most likely something involving programming, but that's the most I've been able to specify everything. My question is, how much are graduates with a bachelors degree in Computer Science wanted in the job market? Would I have problems finding a job with a good starting salary after graduation?

well the great thing about computer science is that you dont really specify, you cover a large area of computer related subjects and can get a job in almost any area, which is quite good considering your not sure what you want to do yet.

computer science is a good option for future prospects, from computer technician to programmer the amount of jobs it allows is very vast